Office of the Construction Code Official
30 Montgomery Street
Room 412 (Main Office)
Jersey City, NJ 07302
Tel: (201) 547-5055/5068
Fax: (201) 547-5270
360 Martin Luther King Drive (Satellite Office)
(Office is inside Extra Supermarkets)
Hours: 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Tel: (201) 333-8959
Tel: (201) 309-4873/4874
Fax: (201) 333-8958
Raymond Meyer, Construction Code Official
The Office of the Construction Code Official is empowered by §3-75 of the Jersey City Municipal Code to:
- Administer and enforce the State Uniform Construction Code and conduct the centralized issuance of permits and inspection services in accordance with N.J.S.A. 52:27D-119 et seq.
- Administer and supervise the condemnation of properties in accordance with N.J.S.A. 40:48-2.3 et seq.
- Supply a list of all condemned properties slated for demolition to the Division of Engineering or the Incinerator Authority
- Coordinate the demolition of condemned properties with the Division of Engineering, duly licensed according to law
- Administer permits of street openings for the purposes of connecting residential dwellings to municipal sewer and water utilities
The Office of the Construction Code Official is a member of the Mayor's Quality of Life Task Force.
More HEDC Divisions Join the Office of the Construction Code Official At The Hub
On Tuesday, September 22, 2009, Mayor Jerramiah T. Healy, and members of the Municipal Council welcomed three new divisions to the Housing, Economic Development and Commerce Department Annex at the Hub, 360 Martin Luther King Drive. An alternative to the main office at 30 Montgomery Street, the annex provides ample on-site parking and is part of the Mayor’s initiative of making government services more accessible to the public.
The three divisions joined HEDC's Office of the Construction Code Official, which had been located at the annex since July 2007.
In addition to the Office of the Construction Code Official, the City services now available at the Hub include Tenant/Landlord Relations, Community Development and Housing Code Enforcement.
All HEDC Department Annex divisions at the Hub are available Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., with the exception of Community Development, which is available from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Wednesdays only.