Summer Fun Program & Outdoor Activities
Over the past 24 years, the Summer Fun Program has served over 20,000 children citywide. Open to kids ages 8-13 who reside in Jersey City, Summer Fun Program activities include Bowling, Day Trips, Tennis, Golf, Basketball, Swimming, and more. Breakfast and Lunch are served daily for full day participants only. Beat the dog days of summer–come join the Summer Fun!
Numerous sites throughout the city. Please check back here for more information later in the spring. Download Flyer & Registration Forms here. NOTE: Registration ends Friday, June 20th, 2014.
The Summer Fun Program runs weekdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning Monday, July 7th through Friday, August 8th, 2014. This is a FULL DAY PROGRAM only.
Additional Info/ Requirements/Fees
• The Summer Fun Program is FREE to all children ages 8-13
by June 30th who are residents of Jersey City.
• Proof of residency must be provided with registration.
• All participants must follow the rules and regulations of the Summer Fun Program.
• Breakfast and Lunch are served daily to full day participants only.
• Participants should leave all money and valuables at home. Jersey City Recreation is not
responsible for any lost or stolen articles.
• All participants must be dressed appropriately for summer recreational activities.
• Swimsuits are required for participants to swim.
• Transportation is not provided to the Summer Fun Program sites.
Registration ends on Friday, June 20th. For further information call 201- 547 - 5003.
The Department of Recreation conducts outdoor activities in various parks throughout the city during the summer months. Outdoor park activities include Basketball, Tennis, Skateboard and area playgrounds. These activities are open to boys/girls ages 8 - 17.
Locations & Schedules
Various parks throughout the city –
Monday - Friday – (4:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.) *Weather Permitting
Proof of residency is required. Register with Recreational Personnel @ Site or call 201-547-5003.
Summer High School Boys & Girls Basketball Leagues
Teams Only - Spectators Welcomed
Locations & Schedules
June - August
Monday - Friday – 3:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Hamilton Park – 25 West Hamilton Park
Dickinson High School - 2 Palisade Avenue